POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : proposal: evaluate in isosurface : Re: proposal: evaluate in isosurface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:29:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: proposal: evaluate in isosurface
From: R  Suzuki
Date: 8 Dec 2001 12:23:23
Message: <3c124c8b@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> I am not really sure I understand the suggestion.  In particular I don't
> understadn P1 case 0 and I am not really sure I understand your idea for
> P0...

For example, in biscuit.pov, if there are more than 10 thousands of crumbs
(small isosurfaces), most windows users will be in trouble due to the
warning message.
In such cases, P0=0 should be needed.

Currently, no evaluate keyword means "evaluate with fixed max_gradient"
and "evaluate P0, P1, P2" means dynamic max_gradient estimation.
But if we use P0 as evaluate switch, we need additional switch to
select fixed max_gradient or dynamic max_gradient.

I've made a source code for this proposal.  I will send it to you by e-mail.

R. Suzuki