POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle Demo, particles leaving objects : Re: Particle Demo, particles leaving objects Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle Demo, particles leaving objects
From: Rune
Date: 7 Dec 2001 13:42:38
Message: <3c110d9e@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> Another demonstration of what my system is capable of.

Very nice! :)

> The animation took near to 2 seconds on parsing in the
> beginning, where particles haven't rebounced much, but
> grew to about 1 minute in parsing as lots of rebounces
> where calculated.

See, that's where I/O based systems are very different. The speed in those
are dependent almost only on the amount of particles currently alive while
the previous actions of the particles are irrelevant. Thus, if the amount of
particles is constant in the entire animation, then the parsing speed will
also be more or less constant.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)