POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K mpg] : Re: Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K mpg]
From: bob h
Date: 7 Dec 2001 01:15:02
Message: <3c105e66@news.povray.org>
"Dearmad" <dea### [at] applesnakenet> wrote in message
> VERY cool... good geometry and NICE color scheme.  What's it
> going to be for?  Working on a short film or something?
> Tell MORE!
>
> Only thing that might add to it that occurs to me (OTTOMH):
> Maybe the shielding(?) should not all open and close at the
> same rate and time, but with little variations built in...

Thanks Peter.  Only a little POV diversion I had been putting off since
seeing the 1950's (or '60's?) movie and thought to myself, "Hey, I could do
that!  Simple CSG stuff in POV-Ray."
Right you are about variations.  The things (shutters) are cable-controlled
and probably shouldn't be moved in precise unison.
What I definitely wanted to do is get the shock aborber plunger things to
move in relation to contact with things.  A job well suited to trace().
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}