POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Dec 2001 19:22:01
Message: <3c100ba9@news.povray.org>
In article <3c1009ac@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   This just says that the Codewarrior debugger is better than gdb. I have
> no objections to that. I have never used that debugger, but if you say it's
> better, I have no reason to not to believe you.
>   However, the fact that there exist debuggers that are better than gdb
> doesn't make the latter "bad".

Ah, I knew you would say that.  I have actually used a few more debuggers
and they all were better, but I haven't used them recently so any statement
about their usability would not be serious :-)

See, even the interface of a low level debugger can be much better than
anything gdb offers.  If you have access to any Macintosh at all, install
the low level debugger "MacsBugs" which you find on Apple's page (installing
requires to reboot!).  You can then activate it any time with the key
combination Apple+Power.  Once you have seen and used its text interface you
will realise how "bad" gdb is, really!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde