POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 6 Dec 2001 19:05:05
Message: <3c10078e.46787360@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 00:56:25 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>In article <3c100048@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>
>>   It does not lack a good debugger: gdb.
>
>Oh, come on!  You don't seriously want to call gdb a good debugger.
>Debugging with printf is better!  Any high-level IDE based debugger wilkl
>beat it in usability with sucess rates easily ten times hiugher than when
>using gdb.  For $10K I can arrange a usability test (actually, i might be
>able to get it for free...), if you would like.  Lets compare gdb with say
>the CodeWarrior debugger on Windows.  If the total success rate of debug
>tasks by programmers four who never used either debugger before, four who
>used only gdb before and four who used only CodeWarrior before is not better
>with CodeWarrior I donate, say US$500 to Unicef, if the CodeWarrior debugger
>is better you donate the amount.
>
>I am absolutely serious and confident about this!
For some ppl it's only a matter of taste... Well I think that features
are not a matter of taste but hey if U fell more productive with gdb I
can't tell U "use another thing". The only thing that makes me happy
is to see that many command-shell wizards now code in visualC and feel
absolutely fine... :)