POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:35:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Dec 2001 18:56:33
Message: <3c1005b1@news.povray.org>
In article <3c100048@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   It does not lack a good debugger: gdb.

Oh, come on!  You don't seriously want to call gdb a good debugger.
Debugging with printf is better!  Any high-level IDE based debugger wilkl
beat it in usability with sucess rates easily ten times hiugher than when
using gdb.  For $10K I can arrange a usability test (actually, i might be
able to get it for free...), if you would like.  Lets compare gdb with say
the CodeWarrior debugger on Windows.  If the total success rate of debug
tasks by programmers four who never used either debugger before, four who
used only gdb before and four who used only CodeWarrior before is not better
with CodeWarrior I donate, say US$500 to Unicef, if the CodeWarrior debugger
is better you donate the amount.

I am absolutely serious and confident about this!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde