POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 6 Dec 2001 17:28:12
Message: <3c0ff0a2.40918160@news.povray.org>
On 6 Dec 2001 17:14:11 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce <ken### [at] uniplanit> wrote:
>: Gcc is not a serious environment for complex projects.
>
>  Really? I make my living by coding C++. We use gcc.
>  Ok, our project is not huge (about 50000 lines of code), but big enough for
>not being just a small hobby program.
Well, as there are many ppl that do complex scenes with a text editor
and povray, there can be ppl that do complex works with gcc... But, if
U don't have special needs that let U use gcc (because dunno it has a
special feature that U need), this compiler is really bad. If U want
I'll tell U why: it's slow, it lacks a good ide (kdevelop is shit, and
bugged) and a good ide boosts productivity, it lacks a good debugger
(SoftIce rules) and it lacks a good profiler too (VTUNE rules). It
lacks documentation (msdn), it's too slow, really slow, and ICC
generated code is better. What else do U need?