POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Dec 2001 12:53:45
Message: <3c0fb0a9@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0facfa@news.povray.org> , Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit>
wrote:

> P.S.: why the POVTeam asked in fact for feedbacks in the past about POV4
> feature list when all of you already have granitic ideas about what is
> "good" and what is not? I do not ask questions when I have already made up
> my mind.

We made exactly the opposite statement, clearly expressing that whatever you
discuss *will* be ignored (which we don't as you notice). You can read it in
the "POV-Team Status Report - September 1, 2000" which is extremely clear:

"Finally, the POV-Team is currently not going to be involved in any public
discussion about POV 4.  We need to focus our efforts on POV 3.5.  Only
after the release of POV 3.5 will work on version 4 begin.  The community
can feel free to discuss this topic, but should not expect the POV-Team to
read such discussions at this time."

The last sentence in this statement is the main point.  Not reading
discussions make clear that we will ignore your ideas in those discussions
(as we can't even know about them).  Of course you can discuss it, but there
is no point unless you want to waste your own time (you are not implementing
the features and we will ignore you), which you are free to do...

    Thorsten

PS: Please check your time and timezone settings.  They are off by about six
hours!

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.