POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 6 Dec 2001 08:01:54
Message: <3c0f6b91.6847626@news.povray.org>

<abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 12:20:15 GMT, ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:
>> There's someone else (not just someone, many
>> ppl in fact) that need *also* something different?  Why povray should
>> not take care of them?
>Povray takes care of them. Povray gives SDL and source code. You can write own
>macro and/or own patch. You have skills for it as it sounds. Nearly all new
>features from new 3.5 were intruduced (but rewritten) by the community members.
>You can think about POV-Team like coordinators (the elders?) of wide community
>IMO. Nearly all features proposed by you were concerned and don't expect
>different discussion. The team want concern on bug instead of repeating
>arguments another time. The team said in this discussion they think about all
>this things since years. The team said it is not as easy as it sounds. If you
>want you can support them preparing own patch instead of involving them into
>discussion with repeatitions.

Ok, fine you're right, I'm wrong. But I had no way to know this...
Please try to make a faq about wish-lists and requested features, well
you can even not make it, but such threads will be repeated I think...
I'll repeat that, if I don't know what is going on, how should I
decide to make a patch? It's stupid to make a patch if a feature is
already planned and if my patch will be thrown away in the next povray
release (as pov-team does not integrate patches, they are rewriting
the patch). I don't want to do a work that mabye someone else will
redo, so my patch will die (because, who will use it if there's in the
official povray release?) and my work be wasted. I think this is
really easy to understand...