POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Dec 2001 07:23:51
Message: <3c0f6357@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0f558d.1210938@news.povray.org> , ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo
'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:

>>Define "trick."  You do it via a process that very closely resembles
>>the actual physical process that causes blurred reflection.  I fail to
>>see how that can be considered a "trick."
>
> From the povray VFAQ:
>
> The ***trick*** is to use averaged textures with differing normals:

I think he won that argument, Warp ;-)

While we are at it, I also noticed you sometimes use the politically
incorrect term "source code" for what should be called "scene description"
in your FAQ:

We don't want to confuse new users who read the FAQ to think "source code"
== "programming" == 'post in povray.programming' as we see it happen from
time to time, do we? :-) :-) :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde