POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 6 Dec 2001 07:18:45
Message: <3c0f60b5.4067629@news.povray.org>

<abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:32:00 GMT, ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:
>> I'm not depressed at all... But since it's impossible to see a tech
>> faq, a document about inner workings, a to-do or a wish list and
>> everything seems so "secret" to me, how could I know that those where
>> already features somewhat planned or that pov-team was aware of
>> them?????
>
>There are very interesting things within sources. Have you read them ?
A bit

> They are
>very clear. With programming skills and 3d knowledge they are enough to perform
>own patch. They are no secret just like algorithms implemented there.
I know... but U have to figure them out from sources...

I have read every faq I found on www.povray.org

> There are status reports and other
>explanations. Have you read this official faq and Warp's vfaq _befor_ this
>discussion ?
Of course

> How many posts have your read _before_ this discussion ?
Almost everything I found intresting

>I send my
>first post after 50% of this server readed. I send my first wish after 3 years
>of playing with POV. And I'm still newbie even if I'm 3d programmer with own
>raytracers and own pov-patches.
I don't think you're a "newbie" nor I don't think I am.

> You behave like intruder with your wishes. You
>are not asking, you demand. That's why there is my personal objections.
I really don't think so. I asked where I should post my suggestions
(wish-list) before posting it to warp, after posting if I told that I
was not demanding everything in a very clear way, I explained why I
posted that wishlist, what was my point of view, I think I've always
paied respect to everyone here, to hardcore povray scripters and to
povray developers. If someone has not catched that I'm sorry, mabye I
had to make this more clear. I just wanted to introduce another point
of view, but many people seem only to care about their own. I know
that this ng is made by people that really like writing povscripts
manually and things like that. I *RESPECT* this. But why it's so hard
to understand that mabye there's someone else (not just someone, many
ppl in fact) that need *also* something different?  Why povray should
not take care of them?