POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 6 Dec 2001 06:11:57
Message: <3c0f5202.304181@news.povray.org>
>> You're really, really, really, really wrong if U think that organic
>> shapes or anything above amatorial level graphics is made with such
>> primitives. I know that there are many *FINE* images done with that
>> stuff. I agree that there are many *FINE* artists that use that tools.
>> But this is not what high-end graphician want. Why? I can tell you
>> why...
>
>There are some high-end graphician in pov-community. I wonder why you are
>forcing so big community to think they waste last ten years.
I'm not telling that they wasted 10 years at all... As I stated
somewhere else in this postings, I admire many pov-ray artists. But
imho povray does not support the "other" type of modellers too... Now
I call this high-end just because this is the kind of stuff U see in
movies etc, but call it as you may think it's better, I'm only saying
that as I'm a softimage user, and many (many) other ppl use maya, or
3dsmax (bleah!), povray should support them better

>> Of course supporting both stuff will not hurt at all... :)
>
>And that's what POV has. Support for meshes and primitives. Make unlimited
>features with SDL or own patch and enjoy it.
As I already told U support for meshes is not enough... And I know
that I could make a patch and enjoy nurbs in povray, but as I have to
make a patch to enjoy nurbs in povray I'm saying here "please try to
support nurbs too"... :)