POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : proposal: evaluate in isosurface : proposal: evaluate in isosurface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  proposal: evaluate in isosurface
From: R  Suzuki
Date: 6 Dec 2001 02:08:26
Message: <3c0f196a@news.povray.org>
The current 'evaluate' keyword seems to confuse some people.
I think following behavior is more logical and it would be
easy to implement.

evaluate P0 [, P1 [, P2]]
  P0: case (0)     : no warnings
      case (non 0) : same as the current version
      default value:1

  P1: case (0)    : no dynamic max_gradient estimation
                           (i.e. fixed max_gradient)
      case (non 0): same as the current version
      default value:0

  P2: same as the current version
      default value:1

Then, we can use "evaluate on", "evaluate off".

R. Suzuki