POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Dec 2001 17:32:42
Message: <3c0ea08a@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0e9dcf.9118910@news.povray.org> , ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo
'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:

>>If you had ever looked at the source code you would know that it is fairly
>>modular (well, as modular as a 1980s C program could be)...
>
> Yep. So you can agree that it will not be a big mistake if a support
> for dynamic module loading is added, where possible...

No, I can't.  In fact I would probably be the front line getting all the
annoyed or confused Mac users when they find a scene that doesn't render.
Of course they would want me to port it.  Now imagine some idiot designing a
module for Windows using some Windows API functions (if they are useful or
needed, is not up to me but to the idiot).  Those scene would no longer work
anywhere but on Windows.  What a perfect world that would be - there would
be no more portability concerns ;-)

Or, maybe I should draw a line in the sand and say:
This feature will only make it into POV-Ray over my dead body!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.