POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : DVD's Tutorial Needed (long-winded) : Re: DVD's Tutorial Needed (long-winded) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DVD's Tutorial Needed (long-winded)
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 5 Dec 2001 15:02:08
Message: <3c0e7d40$1@news.povray.org>
I'm currently experimenting with such an idea, but not using DVD... using
Video CD! I think *all* DVD players will play them, and best of all, you
don't need to spend vast amounts on a DVD-W. Ok, so the resolution's not up
the quality of DVD (about similar to VHS), but there are benefits in terms
of the animations will take less time to render, and consume less HD space.

Check out www.flexion.org for in-depth info on how to (rip DVD's) and write
Video CD's using FREE software.

All the best,

Andy Cocker