POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 5 Dec 2001 15:00:29
Message: <3c0e7c89.599326@news.povray.org>

<abx### [at] babilonorg> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:16:13 GMT, ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:
>> It's not dubious at all, as many other raytracers do that...
>
>Please create 1.000.000 spheres as separated meshes (not clone or another
>referrence) and tell us memory size of it.
mhm why should I do such a crazy thing? Let's talk about real world
problems, not about a scene of 1.000.000 spheres, if I have to render
that monster, probably I'll make my own sphere-raytracer...
Spheres, quartics, infinite planes etc are just something used in old
raytracing shows (four sphere and a reflective checkerboard plane
image? no thanks), nowdays everything is modelled with nurbs,
subdivision surfaces and polygons