POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Where IS pov 3.5 for *nix anyway? : Re: Where IS pov 3.5 for *nix anyway? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where IS pov 3.5 for *nix anyway?
From: october
Date: 5 Dec 2001 14:33:39
Message: <3c0e7693$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0e6ec7@news.povray.org>, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> In article <3c0e652d@news.povray.org> , "october" <ext### [at] yahoocom>
> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any news on this subject?  Rumors?  Speculation?  I hate
>> rebooting into windows just to use the 3.5 beta ;)
>
> Yes, this question is asked more than once a week in one for or the
> other. So pick any of the answers there:  It is ready when it is ready,
> no speculating or asking will change anything but waste your and our
> time.

Then perhaps it WOULD be a good idea to post the summarization of these
time (and newsgroup space) in the future?  Underneath the "Download a
public beta..." link there might be another link something like "POVray
3.5 for linux????"

 I think most nix povray users simply want to know why a port of our
favorite raytracer that does not require a working GUI has not become
available yet, even in a beta form.  Or more so, many (like myself) would
find even the information that a linux port IS being worked on quite
reassuring.

Thanks for your hard work on POV, your time and somewhat redundant

Waiting,

Jon Hoskins

aka October