POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 4 Dec 2001 16:23:08
Message: <3c0d3e96.31659740@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:58:42 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>In article <3c0d32ab@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:
>
>>   Besides, AFAIK povray is usually faster than lightflow in many things.
>
>POV-Ray is capable of real-time raytracing.  I have shown it is possible
>with the plain 3.5 source code - the result is visible in the Windows and
>Mac about boxes as easter egg...
Wow!
Have U seen realtime raytracing demos like naturesuxx, naturestillsuxx
etc? How does povray compare to those rtrt engines? (of course I know
that povray is not a realtime raytracer) Can U tell me what kind of
optimizations are included in povray 3.5 and how much speed gain you
get over the previous version?