POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Purple Cohesive Goo : Re: Purple Cohesive Goo Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Purple Cohesive Goo
From: Rune
Date: 4 Dec 2001 15:01:46
Message: <3c0d2baa@news.povray.org>
"Mark James Lewin" wrote:
> The same animation as posted a few days ago, but this
> shows the particle cohesion a little better.

It's much more visible now, and looks rather cool!

However, I think the repulsion is too weak compared to the attraction. The
result is that it looks like it is being compressed to a fraction of the
space it occupies in the start. I get the feeling "hey, where did all the
particles go?".

> I save particle data for each frame so that re-renders
> are quicker and a re-render of any particular frame
> on its own is possible.

How much disc space does that take in total?
(And how many particles and how many frames do you use?)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)