POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Angelo 'kENpEX' Pesce
Date: 4 Dec 2001 13:31:41
Message: <3c0d168a.21406908@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:11:21 +0000, Thomas <tho### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

>> Lightflow is free for non commercial use and imho it's better than
>> mentalray or lightwave 6 renderer. Someone thing that free stuff
>> should be worse than commercial stuff, some others not... Btw
>> softimage costs about as much a mid-sized car, or a small mercedes :P
>
>And have you ever tried the python interface to Lightflow? it is a bit crappy
>compared to POV's. Yes you can do some stuff pov can't, but some stuff is very
>complicated in it.
>
>Thomas
Lightflow has no "interface" so I won't talk about that... Lightflow
is only a library of routines to perform raytracing, the phyton stuff
is only a port of that library to phyton, if U like ruby more, you
could use the lib with ruby, if U like java you can use java, if U
like c++....
Lightflow has no "standard" scripting language like pov