POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Povray 4? wish list : Re: Povray 4? wish list Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 4? wish list
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Dec 2001 11:44:53
Message: <3c0cfd85@news.povray.org>
In article <3c0cf1f2.12037077@news.povray.org> , ken### [at] uniplanit (Angelo
'kENpEX' Pesce) wrote:

> I'm not suggesting to stop that at all... Just if U have a system
> without dynamic plugin support you'll have to recompile povray with
> every plugin you need and then you can render every scene you want.
> This is what povray *ACTUALLY* does, so using plugins will only
> improve povray usability for some plattforms, but not penalize the
> others, as for the others the system will remain the same (of course
> there should be a way to compile a "plugin" as a plugin or not without
> modifing its source...)

I am not aware of any POV-Ray "plug-ins" at all, be they dynamically or
statically linked.  Maybe one of us is on the wrong planet.  I am sure it
isn't me, so it must be you.

Anyway, looking back at my first reply, "Looks like you have a few
misconceptions about POV-Ray (or are looking for a flame war).", I have to
correct myself.  I should have asked "Why are you looking for a flame war?"!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.