POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Colored balls on hover pad : Re: Colored balls on hover pad Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colored balls on hover pad
From: Rune
Date: 3 Dec 2001 17:17:13
Message: <3c0bf9e9$1@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> The first part looks very good, but later the particles
> seem to stay too fast.  I suppose you don't simulate friction
> on the surface, doing this could add much to realism IMO.

Correct, I don't simulate friction on the surface because I think it would
lead to uncontrollable results with the algorithms I'm using. I'll probably
investigate that further.

That said, the particles do gain energy from the motion of the pad.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)