POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth experiment : Re: Cloth experiment Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth experiment
From: Chaps
Date: 3 Dec 2001 05:58:34
Message: <3c0b5ada$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you very much. I could have been stuck on this for a while. The worst
of it is that I've seen in my various trials that my viscosity acts like
wind, but I deciced to look at this "side effect" later!

I've still some troubles, if I build a symetrical scene, the result is
getting asymetrical very fast. I guess it is due to floating point operation
precisions.
But I think that my next work is to correct the strength model: when a point
is lying on an object, it should receive a strengh from that object. It is
not done this way now, and this combine with the algorythm I've choosen to
define the new position of one point that hit an object produce wrong
behaviour.

Chaps.