POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hade's Horn (2) : Hade's Horn (2) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Hade's Horn (2)
From: Galy
Date: 3 Dec 2001 02:07:42
Message: <3c0b24be@news.povray.org>
Finally I have an image I like. :o)
26 hours of rendering on my poor Pentium200 for the first 425 rows, and 3.5
hours on an Athlon 1400Mhz of a friend of mine for the remaining 175 rows.
(The final part was to slow on my computer. it  was doing less than a row
per hour (14 PPM!!!) so i gave up :o)
Hope you like it.
This is almost what i had in mind for the fantasy competition (i am a bit
late though... :o))
The green thing is media. In povray 3.1 it was grainy, but with 3.5 it's
very smoothed (and i like it much more)
Sadly the waves of the lake are not much smoothed, and the shape of Allanon
has the feet inside the ground but i don't have the heart to render it
again. :o)
Bye
Luca