POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Disappearing Large Sphere Bug in beta 8 : Re: Disappearing Large Sphere Bug in beta 8 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disappearing Large Sphere Bug in beta 8
From: bob h
Date: 2 Dec 2001 16:23:10
Message: <3c0a9bbe@news.povray.org>
Well, every primitive probably has it's own limit (cone is extremely sturdy,
as I recall) and it might vary from system to system too but I wouldn't know
if so.
If you weren't looking to do anything but to document a generalization you
could just say very large or very small numbers lead to difficulties in
visiblity or appearance.
BTW, I think light_sources have or had a distance limitation too.  Too low
color values for lights isn't limited anymore though, I think, thanks to
Nathan Kopp.
Extreme camera 'angle' or 'direction' (and distance?) also has an effect on
things.
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}

news:Xns### [at] povrayorg...