POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurface : 2 bugs : Re: Isosurface : 2 bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface : 2 bugs
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Dec 2001 07:30:15
Message: <3c0a1ed7$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3c09efee@news.povray.org> , "R. Suzuki" <r-s### [at] aistgojp>
wrote:

> In MATLAB, which is one of the most commonly used mathematical
> programing language, there are UNION(A,B) function and
> INTERSECT(A,B) function, but the meaning is totally different.
> So, those function names will confuse some people.

Maybe I should just leave it as is and only create a min and max function
that take more than two arguments.  It would still keep the syntax as simple
as it was with & and | and avoid misunderstandings.

I will also fix the & and | using min/max so they behave like true boolean
operators...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde