POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : IsoCacti.pov : Re: IsoCacti.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCacti.pov
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Dec 2001 16:55:11
Message: <3c0951bf@news.povray.org>
In article <3c094c4c$1@news.povray.org> , "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr>
wrote:

> But the fact that the warning message happens even when a max_gradient is
> given by the user is still a bug, isn't it ? Or am I confused about the
> purpose of the warning ?

As explained in my response to JRG only the output of 0.0 is a bug.  For
details about the message and relating changes, see the thread 'beta 8' in
p.pre-beta.

> I'm still wondering at the difference between -GW (turn console display of
> warning text off), and WL0 (turns off all warnings), though... -GW should
> work, at least, since it's working for #warning, or am I (again) totally
> confused by what the text streams mean ? It's true that I never spent much
> time investigating this part of Povray as it seemed quite straightforward.

No, as I noted in my previous response to JRG, there is a problem.  In short
lets just say POV-Ray does not expect any text stream outputs after
rendering is complete and it would reset the user settings prior to
releasing memory of the scene.  However, that is exactly the time when
isosurfaces check the maximum gradient and output it if necessary...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde