POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : IsoCacti.pov : Re: IsoCacti.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCacti.pov
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Dec 2001 16:31:56
Message: <3c094c4c$1@news.povray.org>

3c0942f8@news.povray.org...
> It does this only if the gradient found was really zero, which can i.e. be
> the case if there was no intersection.  I will adjust the warning message
> ignore such cases, yet.

But the fact that the warning message happens even when a max_gradient is
given by the user is still a bug, isn't it ? Or am I confused about the
purpose of the warning ? Like JRG I was a bit surprised to see my current
scene output hundreds of (useless in this case) iso warnings...

> That Gilles can't turn off the warning with -GW is also not correct,
> however, there is a much better workaround than - GA in section 5.2.5.4 of
> the documentation, which explains the warning level option.  Hopefully
> Gilles has found it by now...

Well, thanks a lot, warning level 0 works.
I'm still wondering at the difference between -GW (turn console display of
warning text off), and WL0 (turns off all warnings), though... -GW should
work, at least, since it's working for #warning, or am I (again) totally
confused by what the text streams mean ? It's true that I never spent much
time investigating this part of Povray as it seemed quite straightforward.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com