POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurface : 2 bugs : Re: Isosurface : 2 bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface : 2 bugs
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Dec 2001 12:59:55
Message: <3c091a9b$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3c091260@news.povray.org> , "R. Suzuki" <r-s### [at] aistgojp>
wrote:

> I used these operators as geometric operators in the isosurface patch
> because it seems to be common in this field.
> See http://wwwcis.k.hosei.ac.jp/~F-rep/HF_oper.html

I know, but unfortunately POV-Ray defines the same operators to work like
logic in the parser, and as functions can be used anywhere and for
consistency they really have to work as in the parser.

I will look into adding union and intersection (no new keywords).  BTW, do
you by any chance know how (if possible at all) to implement a 'difference'?
the link you provided suggests it is possible.  SO if it would be a really
simple implementation I might be able to add it as well...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde