POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurface : 2 bugs : Re: Isosurface : 2 bugs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface : 2 bugs
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Dec 2001 07:09:12
Message: <3c08c868@news.povray.org>
In article <3c082dbe@news.povray.org> , "R. Suzuki" <r-s### [at] aistgojp>
wrote:

> 1. '|' and '&'
>  According to POV-Help 6.5.4.4.1&2, the operator '|' means merge
>  and '&' means intersection.
>  But these operators don't work properly on beta 8.
>  For example, following isosurface is not the intersection
>  of two spheres.

The operators work as designed, the documentation hasn't been updated.  The
operators don't mean merge or interesection.  Unse min and max.  Or if there
is demand, I could add a difference and an intersection function (with two
or more arguments!).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde