POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ...and now something different: LEGO! : ...and now something different: LEGO! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  ...and now something different: LEGO!
From: Carsten Schmitz
Date: 1 Dec 2001 01:45:34
Message: <3c087c8e@news.povray.org>
Hello!

My motivation was to take a really simple LEGO set and make a nice render
scene
of it.

Something you always imagined as child when you played with these $4,50 Set.
I made my decision for the 'Sea Hunter Set 6555' which isnt really an
exciting set but i bought it some time ago because i love to dive myself.
Too bad i wasnt able to get a shark model so I concentrated on the treasure
theme.

For those who are interested in the How-To:
I built this model with ML-Cad ( http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad/ )
converted it with LGEO and L3P to POVRay.
Then i fiddled around for several days to add the lighning, changed the
scene several times, and added a few new objects to make it more real.
I took a few picture while I was advancing creating the scene:

In the end my Celeron 933 needed one hour to render the scene. This is one
of my first tries on POVRay.

I hope you like it. Any comments highly appreciated ;).

Carsten

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'diverstreasure.jpg' (86 KB)