POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lame attempt at a povray image : Re: Lame attempt at a povray image Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lame attempt at a povray image
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 30 Nov 2001 22:49:01
Message: <3c08532d$1@news.povray.org>
Planetary renders, as simple as they may seem are always very cool.  You can
achieve a realistic atmosphere using scattering media with a spherical
density (so the air thins the farther it gets from the planet).  Perhaps
something like this:

-- POV 3.5 source

sphere {
        <0,0,0>, 2.1
        pigment {
                color rgbt 1
        }

        interior {
        media {
                     scattering {2, <1, 0.7, 0.7>*1 extinction 1 }
        density  { spherical }
        }
        }
        translate <0,2,2>