POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Testing pictures of animation : Re: Testing pictures of animation Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing pictures of animation
From: bob h
Date: 30 Nov 2001 12:17:31
Message: <3c07bf2b@news.povray.org>
"Martin Thoma" <mar### [at] radiok2rde> wrote in message

> I want to make an animation with different objects- and
> camera-positions. Whats the best way to test siglne pictures out of the
> animation? Okay, you could edit povray.ini and then redeclare the
> animation-variables:
> Initial_Frame = 10
> Final_Frame = 10
> Initial_Clock = 0.5
> Final_Clock = 0.5
>
> Is there a more comfortable way to do this?

I either use a custom ini file which has:

Subset_Start_Frame=10
Subset_End_Frame=10

along with the usual stuff and leave it in the editor while I make changes.
If you wanted to go with command line instead they would be +sf10 +ef10.
You can even choose to use a fraction, or percentage, of the whole by using
numbers 0.0 to 1.0