POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Negative Highlights : Re: Negative Highlights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Negative Highlights
From: Rune
Date: 30 Nov 2001 08:59:44
Message: <3c0790d0@news.povray.org>
"Vampyrium" wrote:
> the phong and specular commands could also use negative
> values. This would help produce complicated effects like
> velvet and such with the new layered textures.

I too would like this change, but as it's a feature request we can't expect
it implemented in POV-Ray 3.5.

BTW, it's currently possible to get negative highlights using a special and
slightly clumsy method. Have a look at my fur texture:
http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/goodies/goodies.html

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)