POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface - hexagonal pattern functions : Re: Isosurface - hexagonal pattern functions Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface - hexagonal pattern functions
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 28 Nov 2001 11:02:52
Message: <3c050aac@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

> "Nekar Xenos" <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote :
> >
> > Stop it! Stop it! I can't take it any longer! I don't have a fast PC and I
> keep
> > thinking up isosurfaces that I'd love to try but don't have the time for.
>
>     They are slow, but not any slower than media...

I tried the Isosurface-CSG-blob from the docs and had to wait a long time just
for that. Granted, that was on the 333 MHz Celeron at work (I have a 650 MHz
Duron at home)

> >Plus
> > I've still got 2 more years to pay my PC off   :oP
>
>     Don't you hate it when that happens...?

Yeah. By the time I've paid off this thing I should be able to get something
more than 3 times as fast for about half the price I'd have paid for it   =)

--
- Nekar

http://nekar_xenos.tripod.com/metanoia/

---