POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : People : Re: People Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People
From: Rocket Jock
Date: 26 Nov 2001 23:09:29
Message: <3c0311f9@news.povray.org>
>Rocket Jock wrote:
>If you can't do everything you need to do on
>the first render pass, what's the point of
>using a renderer?  If you're gonna retouch it,
>make the whole bloody thing in your paint
>program. ;)  "One program per image!"

... actually, I didn't write that, I believe Mr. Cook did.
But that's not the point because that's not what I meant anyway. I said it
was cheating if you retouch an image in a paint program, not you shouldn't
use things from one program in another program. I consider myself to be an
artist and I enjoy using alkyds, acrylics and oils and I often paint from
life and sometimes from photos but I wouldn't scan my paintings and then
touch them up in Photoshop and then print them... because I consider that to
be cheating. Some people enjoy doing that and some are really good at it,
but it doesn't mean we shouldn't go to the moon. I didn't become an artist
because I like fighting fires. I became an artist because I like the smell
of burning rubber. My Dad likes putting milk in his coffee and sometimes
cream. My Mum thinks that's just awful and I think they're both nuts because
coffee tastes like dirt.

We have strayed however because I think the original question was:
>>Anyone ever managed to create realistic looking people in Povray? Could
you post some examples
>>of the "state-of-the-art"?
and then someone mentioned Poser and now the baby's missing and all we have
is a bathtub with some suds in it.

Like I said before:
"I  have three images from quite a while ago (1997 is the date on the files)
that I got from Compuserve. I do not remember who posted the images but for
some reason I don't think it was the guy who actually created them. The
images are of a woman (he) called Sadie and they were very good back then
and still look very good today... I was just looking at them. He said that
he (the guy that was working on them, possibly -Bobby Dasler- if anyone
knows who he is)
was trying to make a completely posable version for possible use in a
movie."

Pez