POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Caustics : Re: Caustics Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caustics
From: Slime
Date: 26 Nov 2001 13:18:57
Message: <3c028791$1@news.povray.org>
> JRG wrote
> > Try media 100 in the global_settings photons block.
> >

> Had it in there already.
>
> -Jide

Also be sure to put

photons {
   target
   refraction on
   reflection on //off?
}

in the height field. Oh... you may also have problems if the height field
doesn't go all the way "down" to the bottom of the container. You'll need a
plane at the top of the water or something.

But there's a bug with media photons. I've mentioned it a few times, but it
doesn't seem to get on the known bugs list... they make the media too
bright, somehow. (If you encounter this bug too, *please* post it in the
beta group, and i'll confirm it for you, so they'll put it on the list...)

(I wish they'd fix it, because I've got this *awesome* picture that I can
finish once they do.)

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]