POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : People : Re: People Server Time
17 Aug 2024 06:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People
From: Rocket Jock
Date: 26 Nov 2001 10:11:17
Message: <3c025b95@news.povray.org>
I also own Poser versions 1 through 4 and (I'm not trying to put words in
anyones mouth but) I think what these guys are trying to say is that Poser
isn't the worst program in the world for creating life-like figures (or
animals, creatures, robots, etc) in a quick and dirty way but it isn't as
good at creating models as the pro's are.
Almost all of the really good looking Poser images have been retouched in a
paint program (some - pick me, pick me, consider this to be cheating). Yes,
the Victoria model is pretty good, no, she doesn't look human.

Here's a site with some pretty good Poser images... all retouched, and a few
tutorials.
http://www.earthcurves.com/art/images.htm

Here's the real deal.
http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~camen/thehumanhead/gallery.html