POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Improved particle interaction (MPG1) : Re: Improved particle interaction (MPG1) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved particle interaction (MPG1)
Date: 24 Nov 2001 17:34:14
Message: <3c002066@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg> wrote in message
> Looks like the thing were pulling in a few of them really fast toward the
> end, not very realistic to me. But still, the general shape of it is quite
> nice and swishy. :)

Thanks! I also see that speed a little bit odd, but I believe it may not be
too incorrect after all, as the potential energy of the particles has to be
transformed into kinetic energy when they are at the bottom of the "bowl"
and as the circular bottom is quite small, the angular velocity of the
particles has to be somewhat high.

Maybe a little more friction is needed to make it more realistic?

Thanks again,

Fernando.