POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Caustics : Re: Caustics Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Caustics
From: Jide
Date: 24 Nov 2001 17:05:01
Message: <3c00198d@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote
> Jide wrote:
> >
> > Was playing with Cristoph Hormanns water function.
> > Went for the height_field approach to save time too.
> > A bit of tweaking here and there + photons.
>
> Nice, how many waves did you use?

Only 40. With more waves the function multiplier has to be
changed because Pov seems to kind of 'wrap' the output to [0,1]
and as much I liked tampering with the settings I'd be easier if
I knew the possible max/min values of the function for different
numbers of waves. I'm propably not making any sense ?

> > Rendertime for 100 frames was a bit over 1 and half
> > hours.
>
> Heightfield generated in POV?  How long did it parse per frame?

I can get the statistics only for the 7 first frames from the rerun dialog
and the times are between 12.0 and 12.7 seconds (Athlong 1.4 GHz).
And that's for 512*512 hf so not too bad.

-Jide