POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Color question : Re: Color question Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color question
From: Bob H
Date: 24 Nov 2001 08:57:21
Message: <3bffa741@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote in message

> #include "colors"
> //#declare MyColour = White - Gray25;
> //#declare MyColour = 1 - Gray25;
> #declare MyColour = rgb 1 - Gray25;
>
> #debug str(MyColour.red,0,2)
> #debug ", "
> #debug str(MyColour.green,0,2)
> #debug ", "
> #debug str(MyColour.blue,0,2)
> #debug ", "
> #debug str(MyColour.filter,0,2)
> #debug ", "
> #debug str(MyColour.transmit,0,2)
> #debug "\n"
>

> It could be argued that "rgb" should force the filter and transmit
> values to zero, rather than just display the warning and accept non-zero
> filters and/or transmits. (You did notice that you were getting the
> warning "Suspicious expression after rgb.", didn't you?)

Wait a minute.  What's rgb 1 doing becoming rgbft 1 anyway.  Isn't this a
bug then?  I knew color 1 became rgbft 1 but with rgb specified this
shouldn't be happening, right?
I just checked further by making sure everything was a vector except that
lone 1 after the rgb and it still results in the same outcome.  That is,
filter 1 and transmit 1.

bob h