POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Orders being taken for the Year Four IRTC CDROM : Re: Orders being taken for the Year Four IRTC CDROM Server Time
27 Jul 2024 16:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orders being taken for the Year Four IRTC CDROM
From: Bob H
Date: 23 Nov 2001 21:03:50
Message: <3bff0006@news.povray.org>
"25ct" <25c### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message news:3bfe9ac1@news.povray.org...

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
> >
> >   Do you think that the (dark) gray background in the table is a good
> idea?
> > I don't know exactly how a fax works, but if it works anything like a
> > photocopier machine, a writing on such a dark gray background may be
quite
> > difficult to read.
>
>      You would be right Warp. As with any faxing to be done, a white
> background is a good thing, (less black ink for instance too).
>    The important thing in your case is that the numbers are read properly.

I never fax anything, nor do I ever get any, but I tried reducing the color
down into 2 bit B&W and depending on the method used it either goes white or
becomes dithered.  Both showed my text okay.  If faxes can go to 16 or 256
grays these days (don't know) then even less a problem I'd think.

Only alternative would be to use lines as separators I suppose.

Bob H.