POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Color question : Re: Color question Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color question
From: JRG
Date: 23 Nov 2001 19:46:59
Message: <3bfeee03$1@news.povray.org>
"JPGargoyle" <jpg### [at] clixpt> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi all!
> This is my very first post ever :))

And it was a large one... :) Next time try to keep your posts within 200 kb.

> I am still a beginner so mabe this post might be somewere else. If that is
> the case, my apologies to all.

This is the right place.

> Well, I was experimenting with PovRay 3.5 beta 7 and I was trying to get
the
> "negative" of a color when I get some unexpected results (at lest to me
:D).

> My question is: Is   rgb 1    the same as   rgb <1,1,1> ?

Short answer: yes.

> pigment{color rgb 1} gives the same result as pigment{ color rgb <1,1,1>}
> but
> pigment{color rgb <1,1,1> - Gray25} gives the expected results and
> pigment{color rgb 1 - Gray25}results in something completely different.

Maybe the parser wraps 1 - Gray25 together which doesn't make sense. If you
want to make the difference between two color vectors just write:
#declare White = rgb 1; // or rgb <1,1,1>
#declare Gray25 = rgb 0.25;
pigment {White - Gray25}

> Well, my question is: What is the difference between rgb 1 and rgb
<1,1,1>?

As I said there's no difference.

> PS: sorry for the English (I an Portuguese)

Your English is far better than mine, but you may want to know that there's
also an international group (povray.international) where you can post your
questions in Portuguese.

--
Jonathan.