POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Basic physic laws back to normality (apparently) (MPG1) : Re: Basic physic laws back to normality (apparently) (MPG1) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic physic laws back to normality (apparently) (MPG1)
Date: 23 Nov 2001 11:08:09
Message: <3bfe7469@news.povray.org>
"David Buck" <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote in message
> > Today in the morning I implemented a routine for particle interaction
but
> > bizarre things began to appear, so I took it out. Maybe today I'll try
to do
> > it again.
>
> What happened that was so bizarre?  Are you using Euler's method for the
> simulation (i.e., add a little acceleration to the velocity and add a
> little
> velocity to the position)?  This may cause the system to gain energy. Is
> that
> what's happening?

Yes, I'm using that method. I didn't know it was Euler's! But the problem
with my interaction routing wasn't really that: I had mistaken the position
vector for the velocity vector!!! :)

I left 3 computers rendering the animation overnight, and it still hasn't
finished! Now I learn that adding reflection to an animation has its
price!!! :)

I hope I can post the result in a few hours.

Fernando.