POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] notes : Re: [doc] notes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc] notes
From: Bob H
Date: 23 Nov 2001 02:28:51
Message: <3bfdfab3@news.povray.org>

news:6btpvt006ftoj37dpke3c87jl867epfdj1@4ax.com...

> 1.10.6.1.1
>
> "Note however that an empty directory (one that has no subdirectories or
text
> files in it) will not appear in the Insert Menu."
>
> It is not true. It appears but inactive.

Yes, grayed, with no subentries anyhow.  Maybe that was the idea, nothing
shows up in the menu at that place.
Could be changed to say an empty folder creates an inactive menu item.
Useless... unless making generalization labels for the item(s) below, except
without a separator it probably couldn't be real good.  A separator can't be
added at the root of insert menu folder, apparently.

> 1.10.6.1.2
>
> "Normally, the entries are added to the menu in alphabetical order, with
all
> folders being added before files. However, you can influence this by
prepending
> a 'NN - ' to a folder or file, where 'NN' is any letter or digit."
>
> You can't influence this order: folders before files. At least I can't do
that
> even with NN. If it is supposed to work than it is a bug of windows gui or
> something.

Yes, does seem to suggest that is possible.  Can't be done here either,
whether the root folder or a subfolder thereof.  Thinking maybe the idea was
to convey how the alphabet ordering (previously, numbering wasn't used)
could be circumvented using alphanumerics.  Folders, being a part of the
menu as well as files, has been dubiously added to that description so guess
it needs to discern between the two things and say they don't mix.
At least not in Windows.

Bob H.