POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Basic physic laws back to normality (apparently) (MPG1) : Re: Basic physic laws back to normality (apparently) (MPG1) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic physic laws back to normality (apparently) (MPG1)
Date: 22 Nov 2001 17:26:00
Message: <3bfd7b78@news.povray.org>
"Andrew" <ast### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > I wrote the code in C, and now it is much faster! I'm beginning to
> think
> > about adding particle interaction. That will slow the algorithm
> > considerably, but I think it may be worth the try.
>
> > I still don't like the appearance of the blobs... it's still too
> "chunky".
> > Even though they are 10,000 blob spheres, I can still spot lots of
> them.
> > I've tinkered with the threshold and strength parameters, but I
> haven't
> > reached any satisfactory values. Any suggestions?
>
> That's much better.  Particle interaction may well be the way to go,
> especially adding viscosity (particles sticking together) as this may
> cure the problem of individual components being visible.  Also it would
> make sure that particles didn't occupy the same space at the same time
> (if that is not the case already).  Good work nonetheless.

Thank you! Yes, currently it is possible for two distinct particles to
occupy the same space. Actually, at the end, when most particles go to the
bottom of the surface, they occupy much less space than it should, because
they're all clustered.

Today in the morning I implemented a routine for particle interaction but
bizarre things began to appear, so I took it out. Maybe today I'll try to do
it again.

Thanks again,

Fernando.