POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : water waves simulation (349k) : Re: water waves simulation (349k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water waves simulation (349k)
From: Apache
Date: 22 Nov 2001 16:55:39
Message: <3bfd745b$1@news.povray.org>
In that case I'll have to start tweaking with isos, because I like lakes...

> The main idea is to superpose several sine waves (160 in this case) with
> different frequencies and directions according to a certain distribution
> function.
Where can I get (slightly readable) info about the distributions of sine
frequencies and directions?

I downloaded 'wt_water.pov' from your website but it doesn't seem to work in
PoV3.5 (release 7).
The parses stops here: #declare fnRMF=function{"ridgedMF",<0.07, 2.2,  7,
0.6, 0.9>}
because of this error: "Parse Error: Expected 'valid function expression', <
found instead"
Maybe I should download megapov for this to work?