POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : chess2.pov : Re: chess2.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chess2.pov
From: Bob H
Date: 22 Nov 2001 00:28:43
Message: <3bfc8d0b$1@news.povray.org>
news:3bfbbc44@news.povray.org...

> : Or is the missing ear a kind of hidden watermark, just like
cartographers do:

>   If it is, the more reason for not changing it. :)

Just looked at chess2.pov and I see now what Jerome means; don't know how I
remembered it as an offset cylinder, was way off about that.
It sure does look like a typo to me, it probably really should be changed
then.  Afterall, Dan Farmer made changes (BTW check that Cchanged typo out
under Dan's name).

The Knight currently has:

      union {
         plane { y, 0
            rotate -45*y  // and this should be changed to *z
         }
         plane { y, 0
            rotate 45*z
         }
         translate 9*y
      }

It really is obvious.  Could we at least say it gets changed if half a dozen
(or however many) people agree?

Bob H.