POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 21 Nov 2001 : Re: Known bugs 21 Nov 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 21 Nov 2001
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Nov 2001 05:14:41
Message: <3bfb7e91@news.povray.org>
Here are the job numbers for some of these bugs:

> Blob problem
> (blob surface develops holes when "radius" is very small)
> http://news.povray.org/3b99052c@news.povray.org

job000189

> Blob : Toward a solution
> (The scene, when rendered, shows two polygonal holes in the blob)
> http://news.povray.org/3B991C90.D715B7A3@free.fr

Same as job000189 (see above)

> Superellipsoid epsilon to big ?
> (strange dark patches occur on a superellipsoid when the east-west-
> exponent is set very small)
> http://news.povray.org/3b992a81@news.povray.org

job000190

> Slow rendering when using +ua and antialiasing method 1
> (No details available)
> http://news.povray.org/3bbf6347@news.povray.org

job000191

> Delayed syntax checking
> (declare without the "#" can cause a much later line to fail to parse)
> http://news.povray.org/AM3LOAABMO27EwFh@econym.demon.co.uk

job000192

BTW, see note by Nathan in this thread!  The declare without # is actually
legal, but the parser still has a problem somewhere.  Maybe title it "Parser
will ignore the first token following old-style declares without a #." or
something along those lines...

> [bug] orthographic camera bug?
> (objects sometimes disappear when the orthographic camera is used)
> http://news.povray.org/3bdca5eb@news.povray.org

Could someone first verify that this is actually a problem and not just a
user misunderstanding the orthographic camera?

> Status line bug
> (status line keeps saying "Parsing..." instead of telling me what the
> error was)
> http://news.povray.org/3bde062f@news.povray.org

Move to BUGS REPORTED FIXED IN NEXT BETA

> WinPov crash with too many max_gradient warnings
> (previously reported as: "[Bug] Output of too many evaluations cause
> strange behavior", but it didn't actually crash beta 4 or  beta 5)
> http://news.povray.org/3BE026F0.B59858FA@gmx.de

Move to BUGS REPORTED FIXED IN NEXT BETA

> Bug: dispersion_samples affects photon brightness
> http://news.povray.org/MPG.1631c5fca936293298969e@news.povray.org

job000193

> Jpeg and memory problem during animations
> (It seems that some memory is not properly released between frames when
> a jpeg file is used)
> http://news.povray.org/3be2ef0d@news.povray.org

job000194

> Bug with blobs and media
> (possibly related to  blob surface develops holes when "radius" is very
> small)
> http://news.povray.org/3be5f0b2@news.povray.org

Can anybody confirm this one?

> Another strange photon behavior
> (a: bright colored caustics. b: holes/circular black spots)
> http://news.povray.org/MPG.16510f3e44067d3f9896ae@news.povray.org

job000195

> panoramic projection bug?
> (When "angle" keyword within camera statement appears after "panoramic"
> keyword then looks like ignored.)
> http://news.povray.org/avnfut8fof5ualgf8hnrtpl1knlg8828sp@4ax.com

job000196

> Alpha problems: text is not antialiased
> (black objects are not antialiased on Unix and Windows versions, alpha
> is not correctly output on Mac)
> http://news.povray.org/3bea5a84$1@news.povray.org

job000187

> Black outline in smooth meshes
> (The outline of smooth meshes exhibit black dots or areas (which go away
> with double_illuminate))
> http://news.povray.org/

Where is the post?

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany