POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : chess2.pov : Re: chess2.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chess2.pov
From: Bob H
Date: 21 Nov 2001 04:32:47
Message: <3bfb74bf@news.povray.org>
news:3BFB204C.7137E3CC@pacbell.net...

> > There is a small bug in chess2.pov
> >  (scenes\advanced\chess2.pov) :
> >
> > the ear of the knight had been cut.
>
> It's always been cut off. It would seem a shame to fix it now :)

I never knew whether it was intentional or not, only that I just had to give
it a second ear back when I was still using version 2.2.  Not sure anymore
what it takes to change it, seems it was rather simple though.  Something
like a cylinder which cuts across the top of the head is off to one side.
I just pretended it was meant to be one ear down and one up, but I seriously
wonder if it was really unintentional.  Guess we'll never know that because
I tried to locate the author and never heard from him.

Bob H.